Pharmacy Intern (Ambulatory) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Come and work for the #1 hospital in Wisconsin while enhancing your educational experience by working during Pharmacy School as an Intern!
We are seeking an Intern in the Pharmacy Department to:
- Contribute to grant-funded quality improvement work and assessment
- Gain experience with program design and implementation
- Develop communication skills with pharmacists and patients
- Assist with data collection and assessment
- Participate in publication and presentation opportunities specific to the quality improvement work
Minimum - Completion of 2 years of Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum within the UW School of Pharmacy
Minimum - 6 months previous pharmacy work experience
Preferred - 1 year of previous pharmacy work experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Eligible to work as a pharmacy intern in the state of Wisconsin
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to learn computer and application skills as applicable to role
- Ability to interact with and work around people
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to logically organize details
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This is a temporary opening with shifts scheduled between the hours of 7:00 am - 9:30 pm rotating as needed. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.