Court Security Officer at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
Title: Court Security Officer
Shift: Must be flexible to work holidays, weekends and multiple shift options
MVM, Inc. is seeking a Court Security Officer to ensure the safety of all federal courts and court employees against unauthorized, illegal, and potentially life-threatening activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Enforces the District’s entry and identification system
- Uses security equipment, such as metal detectors and hand-held metal detectors
- Manages and tests all alarms and control panels on a monthly basis
- Patrols court facilities and/or works stationary posts, in accordance with applicable post orders
- Directs traffic, controls lights on court facility properties, and monitors vehicles and pedestrians as defined in post orders
- Monitors closed circuit television, duress alarm systems and other security equipment
- Provides armed escort services for judges, court personnel, jurors, and other designated individuals (CSO does not monitor cellblocks or handle/escort prisoners)
- Provides courtroom security as requested by US Marshal; ensures closed courtrooms are secure
- Turns over found “lost” articles to a designated court facility
- Prepares daily reports and records of labor hours worked, accidents, fire, bomb threats, or unusual incidents or unlawful acts
- Provides back-up support to Lead Court Security Officer as needed
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a High School Diploma or an accredited General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Must not have any felony convictions or any conviction related to a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
- Must pass the background investigation mandated by USMS
- Must have completed or graduated from a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement training academy or program that provided instruction on the use of police powers in an armed capacity while dealing with the public. The certificate must be recognized by a Federal, state, county, local or military authority, and eligible for employment as a law enforcement officer
- Must have at least 3 years within the past 7 years of verifiable full-time experience as a certified law enforcement officer or its military equivalency as verified through the applicant’s DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. A waiver will be considered for those candidates with experience that falls outside of the last 7 years or those who possess a non-law enforcement background in armed government and access control. Such experience includes, but is not limited to: US Coast Guard, armed corrections, US Marine embassy protection and military base entrance post. This waiver is contingent upon meeting the above qualifications of years of full-time experience. Please make a clear note of this in your resume or cover letter.
Applicants selected may be subject to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a background investigation
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate with contract employees, staff members, senior managers, consultants and clients
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.