Posted in Sales over 1 year ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Millbrae, California
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries, is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, Westin®, Four Points® by Sheraton, W®, Le Méridien®, Aloft®and ElementSM. Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a subsidiary of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., is one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com or www.starwoodvacationownership.com.
The Westin San Francisco Airport provides guests with ultimate convenience, only five minutes from the San Francisco Airport and twenty minutes from downtown. Also close to Silicon Valley and the Great America theme park, guests will be entertained no matter the duration of their stay. We are here to serve you at The Westin San Francisco Airport. Our complimentary shuttle runs 24 hours a day, and our Westin WORKOUT Gym will help you relieve tension after traveling. Shake off a long day with a relaxing dip in our indoor heated pool. Our guest rooms and suites are comfortable and relaxing, designed to help you recover from work or play. Featuring our signature Heavenly Bed, guests are sure to get a great night's sleep at The Westin San Francisco Airport.
Attend to guests’ needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering.
24 Hours per week (2 to 3 shifts)
Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check are conditions of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required.
One to two years in a public contact position.
Licenses or Certificates
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.