Assistant Manager Social Media
Posted in Art over 3 years ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Mateo, California
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4 billion video games and more than 637 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at www.nintendo.com.
Description of Duties
- Manage day-to-day social media content creation and distribution on NOA channels, including actual writing and posting
- Manages SMCC
- Manages Campaign Plan tactic execution working with PR and other marketing teams
- Manages content requests from internal departments, including creating and routing content and scheduling posts
- Manages content management platform, including day-to-day management, trouble-shooting and reporting
- Manages program-specific applications working with agency
- Manages platform updates, working with agency and internal partners
- Monitors and reports on inappropriate content across all channels; reports on consumer sentiment and trends in comments on channels; reports on threats and follows threat management procedures
- Work with NOA departments and agency partners to develop and manage innovative social media outreach strategies that build the community and encourage engagement
- Manage social PR activities to reach target audiences with engaging messages that work with other online brand content
- Manage social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement
- Manage all NOA social media activities to drive organic community growth and interaction
- Employ social audits (studies and ongoing reports) to evaluate social media programs for quality and effectiveness
- Work internationally, cross-departmentally and across agency partners to explore and identify ways of leveraging social media to drive awareness and advocacy for the brand
- All other assigned duties
Summary of Requirements
** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
- Demonstrated deep experience and a passion for the social technology universe (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Google+, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software, fan sites, mobile web)
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, etc.
- Senior management experience inclusive of the development and implementation of effective and efficient social media/digital staffing plans that align with company culture and business operations, creation and management of annual budgets
- Cross-discipline marketing experience: PR, Advertising, CRM, Retail, Social etc.
- Proven ability to identify, socialize and apply macro digital trends to quantifiably support business objective
- Highly strategic - has a keen understanding of consumer online behavior and is able to successfully apply these insights to solve business problems, as well as provide clear direction in strategic content management and integration
- Experience coordinating global campaigns across multiple social platforms
- Familiarity with publishing platforms/tools
- Demonstrated writing and identification of quality social media content
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills
- Experience in leading digital projects from start to finish
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- General understanding of CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices, principles and software preferred
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.