Administrative Assistant at Edelman
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain calendar for appointments, calls, meetings, key projects and follow-up tracking
- Research and compile materials needed for meetings, calls, projects, etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and travel itinerary and portfolio, including venue details and concierge contact
- Supervise manager’s desk in his/her absence; make decisions as necessary
- Function as the liaison between senior manager and staff, clients, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee document production and projects, as requested
- Coordinate in-house meetings, including conference room set-up, beverage/food, etc.
- Maintain client files, contacts database and record keeping needs of practice
- Prepare monthly status report for practice
- Prepare project updates and status reports
- Order supplies and equipment for designated practice area
- Coordinate team members’ performance appraisals in conjunction with HR
- Attend staff meetings and take responsibility for follow-up action
- Prepare daily mail/correspondence; review packages and handle routine correspondence and calendar needs
- Maintain grid to track group PTO for HR purposes
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Compute personal timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Process manager’s invoices, timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
We are looking for someone organized, outgoing, enjoys the details, planning and discovering efficiencies to help the team. The ideal candidate will have three years of administrative work experience in a professional environment. This person will also have advanced proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Someone who is well organized with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Someone who has the ability to work efficiently, be solutions-oriented, proactive, and anticipate needs and take ownership of work and excel in a team environment. Strong time management skills, with attention to detail, following through on projects and handling multiple tasks are essential skills for this dynamic position.