General Clerk II at Akima, LLC
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Emeryville, California
Wolverine Services, LLC is distinguishing itself as a reliable provider of operations support services for the federal government. Wolverine is a small disadvantaged business and a participant in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program and is wholly owned by an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC). Due to Wolverine’s status as a SBA certified 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), Federal customers can sole-source contracts of any dollar value to Wolverine. This streamlined acquisition process allows Wolverine to quickly mobilize skilled staff and deploy cost effective solutions. As one of several small companies operating in different federal markets, Wolverine receives support from its parent company, Akima, LLC for common administrative services. This structure allows Wolverine to operate as a small business especially in terms of autonomy, customer interaction, and decision making, while receiving support from an organization with more than 40 years of experience, including its people, tools, financial stability, and processes - all available to support Wolverine’s scalable mission services.
Under direct supervision, performs a combination of clerical tasks to support office, business, or administrative operations, such as: maintaining records; receiving, preparing, or verifying documents; searching for and compiling information and data; responding to routine requests with standard answers (by phone, in person, or by correspondence). The work requires a basic knowledge of proper office procedures.
Follows prescribed procedures or steps to process paperwork; they may perform other routine office support work, (i.e., typing, filing, or operating a keyboard controlled data entry device to transcribe data into a form suitable for data processing).
- Clerical work is controlled (i.e., through spot checks, complete review, or subsequent processing) for both quality and quantity.
- Supervisors (or other employees) are available to assist and advise clerks on difficult problems and to approve their suggestions for significant deviations from existing instructions.
- Follows a number of specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file, simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, running mail through metering machines, and calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts.
· Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk needs to choose the procedure for each task.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports Corporate Excellence in Customer Satisfaction Program.
· Responsible for conforming to all safe work practices and procedures.
- Administrative experience desired
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be proficient with typing skills and data entry
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to sit, bend, reach for extended periods of time.
- Must have HS diploma or Equiv.
Must be able to read and comprehend all documentation
pertaining to job performance, i.e., technical manuals, specifications,
Department of Army pamphlets and regulations.
Must be able to complete all required information on
prescribed maintenance forms.
Administrative experience desired
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and
effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our Website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.