Mailroom Manager at Wintrust Financial Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rosemont, Illinois
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a financial services holding company based in Rosemont, Illinois, with assets above $20 billion. We engage in the business of providing traditional community banking services, commercial banking, wealth management services, commercial insurance premium financing, life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, short-term accounts receivable financing, and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented, personal and commercial banking services to customers located in the greater Chicago, Illinois and southern Wisconsin metropolitan areas through its 15 wholly owned banking subsidiaries.
Directs and oversees mailroom activities including the sorting and delivery of incoming mail, as well as the preparation and sending of outgoing mail. Responsible for the coordination of the distribution of mail between 9700 and 9801 Higgins locations as well as distribution to and from the charters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establishes operating and administrative policies and procedures for the mail center and ensure security, safety and delivery standards are met.
2. Develops short and long range plans to upgrade automation, technology and equipment and maintain state-of-the-art operations.
3. Coordinates mail processing with the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other private sector mail services interfacing with Wintrust’s mail system.
4. Develops plans and cost estimates for personnel, equipment, vehicles, services, and supplies.
5. Provides expert technical advice and consultation on postal regulations, rates and changes.
6. Plans, coordinates, schedules and reviews mail service schedules.
7. Customizes mail center services to accommodate special mailings across all charters and corporate departments
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- At least 5 years of experience of management experience with experience in coaching and training entry level staff
- Experience working with Sensitive Data
- Strong On Floor Presence
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to deliver optimal production
- Positive attitude, excellent attendance, high attention to detail, self motivated, ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
Complete Performance Appraisals and other human resource-related functions for at least 3 mail room operators
· Coaching and development of staff members.
· Training and cross training of staff members.
Ph Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands include close vision for computer work, standing, sitting and repetitive use of hands and fingers, ability to lift of up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional travel and/or weekend work may be required.