Accounting Assistant NC at APAC-Atlantic Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Candler, North Carolina
Job ID: 105428
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Accounting Department support member essential to efficient entry of data and reconciliations pertaining to production tickets and materials invoices and other general accounting duties as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Knowledge of intermediate accounting principles in order to process, analyze, and reconcile production tickets, materials invoices, haul tickets and other related documents pertaining to the production purchases for FOB customers and internal job reports.
- Ability to process production tickets, materials invoices, and stone inventory in timely manner according to Company’s Accounting Procedures.
- Attendance required according to APAC-Atlantic, Inc. Attendance Policy to ensure office operations function at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public. Must adhere to Code of Business Conduct
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred, with the ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English
- Previous related experience in accounting is preferred
- Strong computer and data entry skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to sit, mobilize fingers and hands in such a way that keypunching and calculator can be utilized.
- Bending and squatting may be required as filing is a necessity.
- Hearing and speaking in such a way that communication is applied via one on one, via phone, via email.
- Sight is required in order to read production papers and contracts and other accounting materials in tangible form.
- Other physical demands that may be utilized but may be modified to fit individual needs: twisting, reaching, standing, walking.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.