Editorial Assistant/Assistant Editor at Springer Nature
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Our Computer Science acquisitions team is looking for a star Asistant to join the team. We are recruiting at both the Editorial Assistant and Assistant Editor levels, depending on experience. The opportunity is a fantastic entry-level opportunity into the world of scholarly publishing. The successful candidate will play a critical support role in managing the team's book and journal programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain large database of information about guest edtors and editorial records for high-volume journals. This includes primarily data entry, but also organization of files in a transparent way for use by others.
- Heavily utilize Excel to track projects across a prtfolio of journals.
- Manage Sharepoint database to track proposals, upcoming books as well as published books.
- Prepare materials for conferences, including assistance in PowerPoint presentations.
- Present complex information in a clear and consistent way, utilizing several digital tools (especially Excel.)
- Coordinate ongoing production, marketing, special sales, HR, conference, and other internal departments deadlines, keep track of them, and broadcast to group.
- Perform related duties as required.
- College background required -- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- For Editorial Assistant level: 0-2 years working in an administative capacity in office setting.
- For Assistant Editor level minimum 2 years' experience working in an administrative capacity in an office setting.
- Expertise in Excel required.
- Well-organized and attentive-to-detail.
- Ability to present and organize information clearly.
- Project management experience and database skills preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: