Posted in Writing/Editing 2 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
The overall purpose of this position is to provide editorial and administrative support to the Publishing Operations staff. The incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for preparing editorial materials for entry into the production process and modifying those files and related metadata in the Pub Ops Workflow Management System (WMS).
This role typically reports to a Manager and functions as an individual contributor. This position works under daily supervision and is required to act independently and innovatively in solving problems related to production processes. The resources available to assist in solving problems include: documented procedures and instructions (e.g., various procedural documents, policy manuals, and systems specifications); supervisory guidance; and various automated tools.
• (30%) Provide administrative and editorial support to editorial staff.
• (15%) Prepare editorial materials for entry into production systems.
• (10%) Process color graphics, including providing cost estimates to external customers.
• (10%) Provide trafficking and processing support to coordinate timely receipt of author alterations.
• (10%) Work with staff to log, resolve, and document solutions for routine support problems and communicate results to peers and management.
• (10%) Perform editing functions for specified material.
• (10%) Provide administrative support for other areas within Publishing Operations, as required.
• (5%) Maintain and store dated records of various submissions, tasks, and correspondences to ensure accuracy in manuscript counts and sub-to-pub reports.
Education and Experience:
• The minimum educational requirement is a High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or communications is highly preferred.
• Some related experience preferred, but none required.
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Proficiency in word processing and database systems required.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills required.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, along with the ability to work independently, are required.
• Candidate must be able to solve problems effectively so as to meet quality requirements and scheduled deadlines. Problems are varied and could include issues related to the systems used to process content and schedule/resource challenges.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under (Category I—Office Position).
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.