Video Production Summer Intern at Edelman
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman NY is seeking an intern for the video production team of the NY Creative Network. We're looking for someone creative, motivated, organized, efficient, and hungry to learn – someone who can take direction well, and can pivot around immediate asks and breaking news.
But above all we want someone who can bring something different to the table, a creative flare, an exceptional eye -- someone who is interested in the moving image as an artistic expression and has a taste for clean design and unique concepts.
Intern candidates must have a burning desire to create awesome video content, be extremely organized, possess good interpersonal and communication skills, and play nicely with others.
In terms of technical ability, the candidate:
- strong interest in branded content and production
- is near-fluent in After Effects
- has a firm grasp of Premiere
- ideally has an understanding of contemporary cinematic techniques and technologies
- basic understanding of Da Vinci Resolve is a plus. Scriptwriting experience a plus. Canon should feel familiar
- will assist in pre-production, live shoots, talent, location, equipment and music and stock footage searches
Resume, reel, and/or portfolio are required. In your cover letter please include a link to a video you found compelling and tell us why. This could be a commercial, Vimeo short, film clip, an installation, a vine video etc.
To tell you a little about our internship program:
- The duration of the summer internship is 10 weeks (starting beginning of June).
- Interns are paid $12.50 per hour, plus overtime.
- You will get to work with the smartest creatives you have ever encountered in your life (prepare to be amazed!).