Senior Project Manager at Edelman
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Evolution of Edelman:
Edelman has experienced unprecedented growth in recent years – growth that is reflective of the firm’s ongoing evolution from a PR agency into a communications marketing firm. We now offer several specialized areas of expertise, including digital, social, creative, paid media and research to help clients evolve, promote and protect their brands in the market. By investing heavily in specialty areas – and by focusing on collaboration, agency position, innovation, and establishing a culture of creativity – Edelman is well-positioned to continue to deliver best-in-class work to our clients in today’s complex media landscape.
Edelman PNW is looking for a Senior Project Manager. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day management of creative marketing, advertising and PR initiatives in service of Edelman clients. This position is part of the Project Management Team at Edelman and will sit in the Seattle office.
As a Senior Project Manager, your primary role is to lead an integrated team through the full lifecycle of a project – identifying the approach to delivery, defining the scope and bringing the team’s vision to life. At the center of complex initiatives, you will lead the integration of multiple work streams from account, planners, designers, copywriters, producers, social media strategists and others. You will be the common thread on projects, managing schedules, deliverables, and financials on your assigned initiatives. In addition, this role will have some client contact.
Edelman Senior Project Managers own and drive the definition of scope, budget, key milestones, timelines, and deliverables. They proactively identify risks and solutions, and they are responsible for ensuring that project deliverables connect with creative intent, meet time specifications and uphold quality goals.
Creative project deliverables can include (but are not limited to):
- Content Production – web content, branded content, print collateral
- Digital – site builds, online advertising, application development, social, blogs
- Experiential – digital OOH, PR events, event signage
- Own planning and defining scopes in partnership with account/production; collaborate with account in the development of Statements of Work.
- Working with our Resource Management team to fulfill staff plans, aligning planning/creative/producer needs and project staffing requirements. Provide Resource Management team with pipeline for upcoming project needs.
- Oversee, manage, and communicate the status of multiple, concurrent project initiatives.
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership at all times.
- Ensure the quality and consistency across all brand/account projects is consistent with brand guidelines.
- Own and maintain project schedules, project briefs, cost estimates, project financial management (OOP & fee) and other relevant project documentation.
- Partner with Finance team to ensure projects are profitable, fees are appropriate, and SOWs are approved.
- Work with Production Business Affairs and the Producers to ensure all talent and business requirements are completed on production engagements.
- Independently manage risks and provide solutions-oriented consultation to discipline leads, proactively raising scope creep and collaborating with leads to identify and implement win-win solutions; manage SOW change order procedures as warranted.
- Drive workflow among integrated teams, communicating project status, next steps and ownership on a regular basis.
- Partner with the Account and Discipline Leads to resolve project-related issues, knowing when to independently manage and when to escalate to your supervisor.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree.
- This role requires 5-7 years of project management experience in an agency environment.
- Must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- In-depth knowledge of strategy, design, development/production deliverables, and project management methodologies.
- Previous experience with web-based projects and within an interactive agency a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project (or other similar project management tool) is required.