Presentation Designer- Digital at Edelman
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
+ OPTION + CONTROL + G
+ CONTROL + V
+ SHIFT + RETURN
If those mean something to you, then by all means, continue reading. We’re looking for someone who can take ideas and help them shine in exceptionally executed presentations. That means knowing how to add more than just the latest slide transition. You know every trick in the book, and a few that have never been written down before. Your fingers tap out keyboard shortcuts in your sleep, and you’ve mastered the ability to both hear everything and not hear anything with your headphones still on.
The day to day:
- Create presentations that show ideas in their best light
- Work with different departments from creative to account, and everything inbetween
- Giggle when someone tries to show you a keyboard shortcut they think you didn’t already know
- Keep things organized as _V1 turns into _V2, _V3, and of course, _V4_Final_Edited
What you bring to the table:
- A knack for image searching
- Proven expertise in Powerpoint and Keynote
- Enough experience you’re not nervous working on multiple projects at the same time
- Time management skills that make Project Managers jealous
- An attention to detail that some might say borders on obsessive. We’d consider it just right.
- 1-3 years full-time, post-graduate design experience
- Fluidity with both Mac & PC
- CS5 or higher (Particularly: inDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Apple’s Keynote
- Ability to direct presentational design, create original infographics, implementing of agency-wide design standards and lead best practices
- Experience with print, publishing and collateral material design
- Knowledge of the trends in presentation design (Duarte, Presentation Zen, Tufte, infographics, etc.)