Senior Art Director- Digital at Edelman
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR- DIGITAL
Edelman is looking for a Senior Art Director- Digital to join its award-winning New York creative team, working on some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands. Edelman is a great place to grow your talent and hone your craft. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially-charged, digital environment.
The role of the Senior Art Director- Digital is to be a visual storyteller and creative problem solver who finds new and unexpected ways to drive customer engagement and generate buzz for our clients’ brands on social, on the web and even on the streets. You will be joining a team of diverse creative personalities who are masters of their craft, tapping not only their professional experiences, but also their passion for art and life with every assignment. We will encourage you to do the same and use every tool in your creative arsenal, not just your computer, to create meaningful work that you can be proud of. We build, we draw, we take pictures, we geek out on tech, and we get our hands dirty to bring our ideas to life.
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We also laugh a lot… and swear a little. Every day.
- Drive high level concepting, tactical program ideation and polished design for a wide range of marketing outputs from short-form video and interactive web experiences to social content and experiential activations.
- Own the visual brand story for our clients across all social, digital and PR channels, maintaining a consistent look, feel and vision
- Successfully communicate (present and sell-in) creative ideas, their rationale and the specifics of the solutions
- Collaborate with agency team members from creative, account, production, technology, PR, strategy, planning and analytics to produce smart, powerful work
- Manage creative staff & freelancers on projects you are leading and coordinate effectively with other discipline leads to complete projects
- 5-7 years experience in marketing, advertising or social media, with significant emphasis on interactive media
- Killer design chops with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Strong animation and video production experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully bring to life comedy-based campaigns.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively and see the concept through to polished design and build
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory and typography work together to drive home a message
- Proven creativity in the interactive space with successful follow through from concept to build
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment