Intern - Creative Designer
Posted in Writing/Editing about 1 month ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman – Atlanta Summer Design Internship 2017
Practice Area: Creative/Digital
Edelman Atlanta’s creative design intern program is a full-time, 6 month paid internship open to recent graduates. Part-time paid internship is optional for current students.
Interns are selected to work with the creative team to assist in concepting and executing creative projects for the length of the program. The creative team works with all the practices within Edelman (Consumer, Digital, Corporate Communications, Corporate Technology, Healthcare and Creative Services) as well as servicing creative clients. Must work well in a team setting. The creative intern will work closely with the Art Director, other designers and writers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivate a solid body of work
- Work with a wide range of media
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, account managers, video editors, web programmers, and our account teams
- Maintain hard deadlines
- Develop advanced creative work (concepts, designs, executions) that consistently meets assignment and brand objectives
- Must stay current with design trends
- Must have or actively seeking a degree/certificate in a design related field
- Must have a portfolio
- Basic understanding of Design Principles
- Basic understanding of software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Power Point, Keynote and other basic design programs
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Office programs
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines
Excellent concept development skills
Skilled in use of fonts, color, composition and proportion
Skilled in some combination of scanning, comping, rendering (traditional or digital)
- UX & Web Design skills are a plus
- Video Editing skills are a plus
Attention to details
Develops materials for client presentations
- Interns are paid $12.50 per hour
- Interns must be available for a full-time 6 month program running from July 2017 through December 2017.
- Part-time is optional for current students
- Most of our interns are post-graduate and work a full-time schedule (Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 5:30pjm with an hour for lunch)
- Edelman does not provide any form of housing or transportation reimbursement
- Please note only individuals who are authorized to work in the United States will be considered. Candidates must complete the online application, including pre-screen questionnaire
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.