Localization Copy Editor at Nintendo America Inc
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redmond, Washington
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.3 billion video games and more than 686 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provides copy-editing support for game text, scripts, manuals, packaging, web and mobile content, and other materials
- Collaborates with localization writers and editors to edit in-game text, manual and package copy, game summaries, and other materials as needed
- Collaborates with localization editors to make recommendations regarding grammar, spelling, style, voice, content, and consistency
- Researches franchise history and fact-checks content
- Proofreads consumer-facing copy
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years related experience or professional editing certification
- Excellent grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading skills
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain quality in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate editorial changes constructively and professionally
- Undergraduate degree in English or equivalent experience
Valid passport required
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.