Bilingual Product Specialist - Localization (Spanish)
at Nintendo America Inc
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redmond, Washington
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.3 billion video games and more than 686 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Translates in-game text, voice scripts, manuals, and supplementary development and testing-related documents and materials as required to support products and services through launch and beyond
- Identifies game content that may require revision to better suit the tastes of consumers in Latin America
- Provides feedback on game difficulty and appeal in Latin American market
- Demonstrates Nintendo products to other team members, internal departments, and outside promotional and media partners as required
Maintains awareness of game industry in Latin America market and communicates market trends to product acquisition and development staff
- May interpret meetings, telephone calls, and video conferences related to game development and localization
- Performs translation and interpretation for other departments and subsidiaries as required
- Provides input in schedule creation
- Assists with the planning and direction of voice recording sessions
- May interpret media interviews with developers
- Acts as spokesperson for Nintendo by presenting games to media, participating in interviews, and supporting other promotional efforts
- Generates game-related content for websites, social media, and other consumer-facing portals
- May include up to 10% domestic and international travel
- Works with internal and external translation resources to coordinate translation projects
- Reviews translations for accuracy and consistency
- Reviews products for ESRB compliance
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
- Two to four years of related experience
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent game play skills and the ability to identify design and content issues
- Comprehensive historical and current knowledge of the video game industry for both the home and arcade markets helpful
- Excellent Spanish and English translation skills, including two to four years specific translation experience
- Spanish and English interpretation skills, including experience interpreting business meetings and/or conference calls
- Familiarity with Latin American history, culture and customs
- Familiarity with localization/translation tools
Experience operating Microsoft Windows and Office software in Spanish
Native level fluency in Spanish
Undergraduate degree in Spanish, English, Creative Writing, or a related field, or equivalent
- Experience in translating and editing in target language preferred
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.